Laser Hair Removal
Our Cynosure Elite Alexandrite YAG laser system helps remove unwanted hair safely, comfortably, and best of all permanently. It can also be used to reduce and eliminate unsightly spider veins. Cynosure Elite Alexandrite YAG laser targets the hair follicle or vein and emits a light that heats this area. The heat energy damages only the targeted area leaving your skin unchanged. This damage to the follicle and veins creates a reaction that the body works to either exfoliate the follicle or the blemish over time simply fades. Cynosure Elite Alexandrite YAG laser works on all skin tones.
Each session will take between ten and fifteen minutes, though larger treatment areas may need more time. The number of sessions needed varies depending on the type of treatment area. Most sun damaged skin needs between 4 and 6 sessions, where a vein can usually be treated in less than 3 sessions.
Preparation for your procedure will be explained to you during your appointment scheduling. Post-operative care is recommended by our physician and will be explained to you at the time of your procedure. Some slight redness or swelling can occur, but is not permanent and typically resides within 24 hours. There are no other side effects to this treatment.
Post-operative care instruction usually entails a simple antibiotic cream and band-aid; these instructions will be given in full at the time of your treatment.
Pre Treatment Instructions for Laser Hair Removal
- Please wear loose fitting clothing to treatments so we can get to an area easily.
- Avoid artificial or natural sun exposure, as well as self tanners, for at least 3 weeks prior to treatment. The lasers work off of the hair’s pigment and tanning can decrease their ability to target the follicle.
- The lasers work best when there is some hair growth present or “stubble”. Avoid shaving for at least 24 hours before treatment, but no longer than 4 days.
- Avoid plucking, waxing, or bleaching areas for at least 2 weeks before treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions for Laser Hair Removal
- Red and swollen areas are normal and usually resolve within 48 hours. Skin in treated areas also may feel like it is sunburned, treat locally with cold compresses.
- Moisturize the treated area with either lotion or Aloe Vera twice a day.
- You are able to shower without limitations, try to avoid harsh soaps that will irritate the skin.
- Gently exfoliate treated areas to encourage shedding of the hair. Some people may have what looks like a “peppered” area where the hair is not growing but it is not falling out. These hairs will be expelled by week 3, but exfoliating can speed up the process.
- Makeup can be used immediately after treatment.
- Avoid shaving treated area for 48 hours.
- Avoid waxing, tweezing, and bleaching affected area. This can slow down the healing process and lead to scarring.
- Avoid rubbing, picking, or scratching area.
- Avoid natural AND artificial sunlight to prevent unwanted pigment changes in the treated area. If having treatment on your face, always wear a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- It is normal to see some hair growth after treatment because the laser stimulates and activates the dormant hair follicles. This is why multiple treatments are required.
- If having laser hair removal of armpits, avoid deodorant for at least 24 hours.
- Blistering is rare, but if it does occur please contact us immediately!
Laser Fee Schedule
Hair Removal-per treatment session (between 4-6 treatments may be required, purchase a package of 5 treatments and receive a 15% discount)
Facial site (upper and lower lip, chin, sideburns) $75/per site
Bilateral Underarms $125
Bilateral full legs $500
Bilateral half leg (knee down) $300